WONDER IF YOU'RE A GOOD FIT FOR A CAREER IN HEALTHCARE?
Take our 2-minute quiz and find out!
associate of science in medical assisting
An Associate degree in Medical Assisting offers the most inclusive course of study in the field of Medical Assisting. The course provides training in all fundamental administrative tasks and clinical techniques that students need to enter the field of medical assisting in most healthcare facilities, hospitals or medical practices.
Upon graduation, students can seek employment at hospitals, physician’s offices, ambulatory services, private health practices and many other institutions that require the skills of medical assistants.
- Program is designed for individuals who have achieved prior medical assisting certification. Active national certification is required.
- All classes take place online and in asynchronous format. This allows students to have the flexibility of completing the degree on their own time, with certain deadlines for assignments and/or discussions posts.
- Start dates available every 10 weeks.
- Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
- Students have the option of enrolling either on a full-time or part-time basis. The degree can be completed in as little as 20 weeks, depending on course load and transfer of credit eligibility
- Expedited transfer credit evaluation process for prior education.
- Applicants must possess a active Medical Assisting Certificate.
- If one is not a Certified Medical Assistant, then the applicant must enroll into the Medical Assistant Diploma Program. For more information click HERE.
The best way to see if City College is the right fit for you is to see it for yourself!
You can tour our facilities and meet with both students and instructors.
explore the program
Take the next step
Request information about this program
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Like many of the professions in the healthcare field, Medical Assisting is one that is growing higher than the average rate. Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 16% growth in these positions through 2031**, much faster than other careers. Medical Assistants are trained in both organizational and clinical duties and perform tasks such as assisting physicians with exams, preparing patients and rooms for examinations, maintaining patient records as well as other administrative duties.
VISIT US TO EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING CITY COLLEGE HAS TO OFFER
FIND OUT HOW OUR MEDICAL ASSISTING DEGREE PROGRAM
CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR ACADEMIC GOALS