Wonder if you're a good fit for a career in healthcare?
Take our 2-minute quiz and find out!
City College’s one-year Paramedic Diploma Program prepares students for careers within the out-of-hospital emergency service industry, both in the public and private sectors as certified Paramedics.
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates qualify to sit for the National Registry Practical exam.
- Flexible hybrid/online format
- Training in specialized life support techniques
- Advanced cardiac life support
- Simulation labs
- Externship training via local hospitals and fire departments and EMS providers
- Financial assistance available to those who qualify
- Paramedic I
- Paramedic II
- Paramedic III
- Paramedic IV
- Paramedic V
Each of the 5 quarters consists of lecture, lab and clinical rotation components.
- Applicants must possess National EMT Certification prior to the first day of class
- If one does not possess an National EMT Certification, they would have to first enroll into the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Diploma program. For more information click HERE
EXPLORE THE PARAMEDIC DIPLOMA PROGRAM RIGHT HERE!
explore the program
Take the next step
Request information about this program
what do paramedics do?
Paramedics are advanced emergency medical care providers. They are educated and trained to work in the front lines of medical services by providing advanced support to emergency patients. Paramedics can carry out essential duties of a physician, including patient examination, administering medication and treating patients with emergency equipment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 6% growth in Paramedic positions through 2029** – faster than average.
Upon becoming a Nationally Registered Paramedic, graduates of the Paramedic Diploma Program can seek employment with not only hospitals and ambulance services but can branch out into more specialized avenues, such as hazardous material response, flight medicine, NASCAR or urban search and rescue.
IS A CAREER as a Paramedic RIGHT FOR YOU? find out!
join us for our virtual info session
APRIL 4TH AT 5Pm
FIND OUT HOW OUR PARAMEDIC PROGRAM
CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR CAREER GOALS