Wonder if you're a good fit for a career in healthcare?
Take our 2-minute quiz and find out!
emergency medical technician diploma
City College’s EMT Diploma Program provides students with the essential hands-on experience through labs and externships at local trauma centers, fire rescue departments, and ambulance services. This experience will help them prepare them for the real world of EMS after graduation and certification.
Earning an EMT Diploma from City College provides graduates with the necessary Basic Life Support skills and knowledge to become certified EMTs. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to apply to take the National Registry Skill Exam (NREMT).
- Flexible hybrid/online format
- Core coursework can be completed in as little as 15 weeks
- Trains students to think critically and respond in emergency situations
- Simulation labs
- Clinical externship and ride-alongs
- Financial assistance available to those who qualify
- EMT 1119 (Lecture)
- EMT 1119L (Lab)
- EMS 1120 (Clinical Education)
City College’s EMT Diploma program is offered in a hybrid/online format in both day and evening schedule options.
The program consists of the following components:
- Lecture – to be completed via virtual classroom from 9am to 5pm, once a week for daytime, or 6pm to 10pm, evening option.
- Labs – to be completed on campus, 9am to 5pm, once a week for daytime, or 6pm to 10pm, twice a week for the evening option.
- Clinical Rotations – to be completed at affiliated hospitals, ambulance agencies or fire departments
- Full time students are required to complete 96 total clinical hours
Lecture and Lab session hours vary by quarter and by campus. However, they remain once a week for lecture as well as lab.
EXPLORE THE EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA PROGRAM RIGHT HERE!
explore the program
Take the next step
Request information about this program
what do emergency medical technicians do?
When every second matters, trained Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) bring a range of skills to the situation. They think and act quickly, working as a team to care for patients in emergency situations. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 6% growth in EMT positions through 2029** – faster than average. This means many exciting opportunities in this fast-paced field. City College helps prepare students with skills and competencies ranging from giving basic life support to responding with professionalism and respect in the most stressful situations.
Upon completion and national certification, graduates can seek employment with hospitals, ambulance services, cruise lines, oil rigs, theme parks, local government services, and more.
join us FOR OUR VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION
June 15TH AT 5PM
FIND OUT HOW OUR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR CAREER GOALS