Wonder if you're a good fit for a career in healthcare?
Take our 2-minute quiz and find out!
City College’s 7 quarter Veterinary Technology Program is comprised of didactic lectures, labs and hands-on clinical training, to ensure students receive a well-rounded education in veterinary technology. The program prepares students for rewarding careers in the world of veterinary medicine. Students work in real-life clinical scenarios during their 300 hours of externship at a local veterinary clinic, helping them smoothly transition to the real-life demands of a veterinary clinical environment. Learn to take full dental radiographs with industry standard equipment as well as live procedures involving anesthesia to give students hands on experience prior to working in the field.
Graduates of the Veterinary Technology program can seek employment at a variety of veterinary practices including animal rescue/shelter, biomedical veterinary research, diagnostic/pathology lab support, veterinary products and supply sales and even zoo/exotic/wildlife animal care.
- Open lab and tutoring available to all students
- Hands-on training with large, exotic and domestic animals
- AVMA programmatic accreditation
- Labs taught by licensed technicians or veterinarians
- Complimentary membership into professional organizations such as NAVTA, FVTA and VSPN
- Test preparation and skills review prior to attempting or sitting for the VTNE exam
- Externship starts in 4th quarter
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Advanced Nursing
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Animals in Research & Exhibition
- Animal Nutrition
- Disease Problems in Companion Animals
- Introduction to the Veterinary Profession
- Laboratory Skills for Veterinary Technicians
- Office Management
- Surgery and Anesthesia
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Imaging Techniques
- Veterinary Pharmacology
The best way to see if City College is the right fit for you is to see it for yourself!
You can tour our facilities and meet with both students and instructors.
explore the program
Take the next step
Request information about this program
Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology
Just like a doctor depends on the support of a qualified nursing staff, a veterinarian depends on the support of skilled veterinary technicians. For animal lovers looking for a fulfilling career, a Vet Tech is a great option! Especially, since jobs in the industry are growing at a faster than average rate and predicted to increase by as much as 15% by 2029**.
Certified veterinary technicians routinely perform a variety of tasks on animals including – monitoring vital signs, drawing blood or other samples, x-rays, administering medication or injections, record keeping and client education.
VISIT US TO EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING CITY COLLEGE HAS TO OFFER
FIND OUT HOW OUR VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM
CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR ACADEMIC GOALS