F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarship
F.A. Davis is delighted to offer our annual $1,500 undergraduate nursing scholarship opportunity.
This scholarship reflects our continual commitment to the education of nurses and recognizes the very special nature of those who have chosen to embark on this challenging, yet rewarding career path.
All applications must include the following:
- A completed application form submitted via the link above.
- Proof of current enrollment
(One of the following: enrollment verification letter, acceptance letter, course registration
for upcoming semester, screenshot of unofficial transcript.)
In 100‐200 words, tell us about yourself. Why are you applying for this scholarship? Feel
free to include fun facts, an appropriate photograph, or anything that you feel would
make you stand out.
- Short Essay
In 300‐600 words, write about the following: Was there a defining moment in your life that
made you want to pursue a nursing career?
The application deadline is May 15th, 2018. Please follow all application guidelines. Any applications submitted without the documents requested will not be considered. Click here to view the Application Guidelines (PDF). For your convenience, the complete application form is available online and all corresponding documents can be attached.
Please indicate your degree program when you are filling out the form and please double check that everything has been completed and attached before you click Submit! Continued eligibility will be determined by full-time enrollment status and maintaining satisfactory academic progress as described in the City College catalog.
Richard W. Skidmore Scholarship Fund
The Richard W. Skidmore Scholarship Fund was established on November 1, 1994, by R. Wayne and Maxine Skidmore in memory of their son, Richard, former Director of Education of City College, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Students in a degree program may be eligible to apply after completion of three quarters. A student will not be selected on the basis of race, color, creed or gender. The selection process is handled by the Scholarship Board, and the recipient’s name(s) will be referred to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- Applicants must be in attendance at the Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, Hollywood, or Miami campuses
- The applying student must submit a brief narrative of why they feel they qualify for the scholarship.
- The student’s narrative must be accompanied by a recommendation from a City College faculty member.
- An applying student must have: 1. A CGPA of 2.0 2. Good attendance 3. Participate in class discussions 4. Be involved in community affairs
- The application deadline is March 1 of each year, and the scholarship will be awarded in the Spring Quarter of each year. There will be one or two $500 awards annually, based on funding available.
The C.M. Fike Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to assist City College students to pursue a degree in their chosen field. Applicants should apply for the scholarship prior to the start of the term. The College will award 15 scholarships each term per campus. The scholarship is an annual award paid quarterly on or about the third week in the term. Scholarship award amounts are based on the number of credits that a student is taking each term. The awards are as follows:
- $1,000 for students taking 9 or more credit hours per term.
- $750 for students taking 6 – 8 credit hours per term.
- Complete the enrollment process and be accepted into a City College program
- Submit the scholarship application prior to the start of the term
- Start classes as stated on the enrollment agreement
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Reapply each year for additional funding
The C.M. Fike Memorial Grant – RN to BSN
The Grant is intended to assist City College Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) graduates to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)degree. City College’s BSN program is delivered in an online format. To qualify and apply for the grant, applicants must complete the application and enrollment process. All enrollment documents must be complete and accurate; additionally, all financial arrangements must also be complete and the student must be accepted into the City College RN to BSN program.
The deadline for the application is one week prior to the start of a term. The Grant is an annual award, paid quarterly, on or about the third week in term. For students taking 8 -11 credit hours, the grant is in the amount of $750.00 per term; and, for students taking 12 or more credit hours, the grant is in the amount of $1,000.00 per term.
- Complete the Grant Application
- Once selected for the grant, the applicant is required to submit a: (i) Thank You letter and (ii) resume to the Program Director.
- Applicants must complete the enrollment process and be accepted into the City College RN to BSN program.
- Applicant must start classes on time
- Applicant must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- 1,000.00/term for students taking 12 or more credit hours per term
- 750.00/term for students taking 8-11 credit hours per term
City College is offering its Associate Degree Alumni a scholarship when they matriculate to one of our Bachelor Degree programs. The scholarship is available to all Alumni who enroll for the first time in a City College B.S. degree program. The scholarship is for $1500 which is disbursed as $500 per term for the first three consecutive terms.
- Applicants must be a City College Associate of Science Degree alumnus who enrolls for and is accepted into a City College Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Students who enrolled or attended Bachelor of Science Degree programs previously at City College are not be eligible.
- Hollywood and Altamonte Springs campus graduates may use the scholarship towards a bachelors program online or at another City College campus offering bachelor degrees.
Veteran’s Grant Program
New students who have been discharged from the military are eligible for this grant. City College awards a $500 one-time grant amount to all new veteran students enrolling at City College in degree programs. Students must provide a DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or an NGB 22, National Guard Report of Separation or Record of Service. The discharge characterization or disposition must not be a Dishonorable Discharge.
The grant will be disbursed on or about the 3rd week of the quarter. This grant is available for new students only who begin on or after October 1, 2013.
Boys and Girls Club Scholarship
City College offers a scholarship program to high school graduates who have been members in the Boys and Girls Clubs. The Scholarship is an annual award of $10,000. A scholarship in the amount of $2,500 is paid each term for four terms on or about the third week of the term. The application deadline is 14 days prior to the start of the term. Applicants must:
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the Boys and Girls Club where they attended
- Complete the enrollment process and be accepted into City College
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 credit hours each term)
- Be Bright Futures Scholarship eligible at any level
- Complete the Boys and Girls Club Scholarship application
Continued eligibility will be determined by full-time enrollment status and maintaining satisfactory academic progress as described in the City College catalog.
Partners in Education Grant
This grant is for individuals who are employed at any of our partner organizations. Partner organizations are companies that have a history of hiring City College graduates, provide externships for our current students, or have affiliation agreements with City College. The College will award up to 30 grants each year. For students taking 8-11 credits hours, the grant is in the amount of $750.00 per term; and, for students taking 12 or more credit hours, the grant is for $1,000.00 per term. Eligible individuals are defined as someone:
- Who has been employed for at least 1 year at the partner organization
- Who has not previously attended City College
- Who is a prior City College graduate entering a Bachelor program for the first time
- Must complete the Partners in Education Grant application
- Be employed at one of our partner organizations for at least one year
- Be in good standing and be recommended by the site
- Provide grant approval in writing from the site
Once the applicant has been selected for the grant by the employer, he or she must:
- Meet all entrance requirements of the program
- Be enrolled for 8 or more credits each term
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Maintain continuous enrollment without interruptions
To view all applications above, Acrobat Reader may be required.