At City College we are providing an extraordinary educational experience.
As our Regional Director David “Skip” Higley states it so clearly “we want students to know that this is a way of life.”
Each department at City College has a very important role to our students’ success.
- Admissions: we understand the expectations students must carry into the classroom
- Financial Aid: finances education and finds a balance between assisting students while supporting the regulatory interests of the College
- Career Services: motivating our graduates and current students in developing habits that lead to a successful career
- Our Faculty: does not teach subjects, but people
- Our Support Staff: interacts with students providing another opportunity to reinforce their desire to succeed
- Our Administrative Staff: ensures support and direction for every student to accomplish their goals
Student Financial Aid Success at the Miami Campus
Our Financial Aid staff takes their jobs seriously. We know obtaining finance to fund your college education is probably one of the most important decisions you will make for your future. We focus on providing you the best information to make an informed and careful decision.
Take a look at what some of our students have said about our student aid services.
- Harole Forbes a business major said “I came to know them in a professional and somewhat personal manner. They can be trusted and depended upon for their commitment and loyalty to their jobs.”
- Yorlene Arroliga a medical assisting major stated “Financial aid and the rest of the staff here at City College make me feel like part of a family that wants me to succeed.”
- Adbigahil Ros an EMS major articulated “It is very hard to find customer service like the one provided at this school. There’s no need for appointments, assistance is provided to students in a timely manner…Thank you for helping me accomplish my goal in obtaining my degree.”
These are just a few comments our students provided about their extraordinary educational experience at City College.
Message from the Director of Financial Aid
If you are in the neighborhood, stop by, tour the College and see first-hand what our students are saying about the City College Team in Miami. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Customer Service is key
- Communication: involves proactive questioning and the ability to repeat information accurately
- Caring: values students for who they are
- Commitment: takes responsibility to be reliable and committed to students
- Comfort: provides constructive feedback
- Conflict Resolution: creates trust
Director of Financial Aid at the Miami Campus
Mr. Rios, also wants to share the Top Ten Reasons to Choose City College
- Practical, relevant degree programs: our career-focused programs will provide you with the skills and abilities that are in high demand in the workplace.
- Accreditation: City College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Hands-on training: You’ll get valuable, real-world experience working with a variety of equipment in our state-of-the industry labs.
- Up-to-date curriculum: City College offers an up-to-date curriculum developed with industry input that will equip you with the resources to succeed in an every-changing marketplace.
- Small classes: City College’s small classes ensure personalized attention for each student.
- Tutorial assistance: We’ll offer you plenty of resources to help you succeed in your studies, including free tutorial assistance from your instructors.
- Instructors who are industry professionals: You’ll learn from dedicated instructors with extensive experience in the fields in which they teach.
- Job placement assistance: City College’s Office of Career Services offers ongoing career assistance to students and graduates.
- Flexible class schedules: Our flexible day and evening classes fit your busy lifestyle, allowing you to focus on education while balancing work and family responsibilities.
- Preparing you for success: At City College, we’ll prepare you for a rewarding new career in less time than traditional colleges.
As we close out 2012, we are not stopping in financial aid. 2013 will be even a more exciting year with this theme in mind “How can financial aid help more students be successful in college?”