* A quarter is made up of 11 weeks and students may carry 8 to 16 credits per quarter.
Veterinary Technology is a very interesting field full of opportunities for animal lovers!
The Veterinary Tech program at City College is a comprehensive entry-level program designed to prepare the student for a career as a veterinary technician.
Students will take a variety of didactic and hands-on clinical courses, covering all of the areas in which technicians will be expected to perform in the workplace. Externships performed at working veterinary facilities will provide ‘real-life’ scenarios of a demanding clinical environment.
The integration of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice will help the student transition from the academic/clinical environment into the workplace upon graduation. Students will be required to complete 1110 hours of lecture/lab in the classroom and 300 hours of externship at a local clinic. The curriculum is comprised of 101 credits over 8 quarters.
Note: Applicants should read the Veterinary Technical Standards before submitting an application.
FIND OUT HOW OUR VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR ACADEMIC GOALS
Is Career Training Right for You?
Take the City College Career Training Readiness Quiz
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style, plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
TAKE THE QUIZ
Core Courses Included
- Anesthesia & Surgery for Veterinary Nurses
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Animal Nutrition
- Animals In Research & Exhibition
- Disease Problems in Companion Animals
- Laboratory Skills for Veterinary Technicians
- Office Management & Reception Skills
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Imaging Techniques
- Veterinary Nursing & Technical Skills
- Veterinary Pharmacology