Do you need financial assistance to pay for college? Want to know if you qualify for financial assistance? Do you want to know if you are eligible for assistance? Want to know when to apply? City College’s Student Financial Services Department will assist you in applying for any aid for which you may be eligible.

As soon as you enroll in school, you should apply for financial aid. Some aid is limited and is more likely to be available if you apply early. You will find the appropriate application forms in your enrollment packet.

Our Financial Aid Officers will ask you to bring along certain financial information. Together, will assess the cost of your education, find federal grants, loans, state aid, veterans benefits, private loans, work study, scholarships, and make a determination how much of your costs may be covered through financial assistance.

How to Apply for Aid

financial aid representatives

Our Financial Aid Officers specialize in personally assisting students who are interested in exploring their financial aid options. If you are interested in financial assistance for college, you can begin this process by:

Setting an Appointment:

  • Let you Admissions Representative know that you are interested in applying for financial aid.
  • The Admissions Representative will set up an appointment for you to meet with a Financial Aid Officer in our school Student Financial Services Department.

Gathering Information:

Bring the following information to your appointment at the Student Financial Services Department, and a Financial Aid Officer will be able to give you a quick estimate of the type of aid for which you may be eligible:

  • A copy of your parents’ tax return from the previous year and information about their untaxed income and assets. Your parents are urged to come to this appointment with you. All of these apply to you if:
  • Information about your untaxed income and assets.
  • A copy of your previous year’s U.S. income tax return. If you cannot locate your copy, let us know immediately and we can tell you how to obtain one.
  • Not married
  • No legal dependents
  • Under 24 years old
  • Not a veteran of the U.S. armed services
  • Not an orphan or ward of the court

Types of Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the standard form used to determine a student’s eligibility for federal and some state aid, including:
  • Federal grants
  • Federal loans
  • Federal work-study
  • State grants


Message from the Director of Financial Aid 


 “If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the highest return.” Benjamin Franklin

Listen folks, at City College our customer service initiative is to provide an extraordinary educational experience. What this means in the Financial Aid Office is an one-on-one session to provide the best financial breakdown tailored to meet your educational goals. We have an experienced, friendly staff who will guide you throughout your studies, providing you with the information you need to become a successful graduate.

We attend Federal and State workshops conducted by outside agencies. Additionally, our Financial Aid Officers attend workshops sponsored by our third party server. We, also, keep current by reading publications such as : IFAP on the Web, News Bulletins by Harry V. Weber and Associates, Inc., and Federal Regulations updates. As needed our Financial Aid Officers received additional training.

At City College we are heading to graduation and beyond!