College Career Employment Assistance for Students and Graduates!
Our Directors of Career Assistance and Development Center know that practice and preparation are essential to our students and graduates on their job search, they work closely in assisting them with the right job path for their careers.
These are a few of the benefits of our career employment assistance to our students and graduates:
- Assist in creating resumes
- Assist in editing and updating current resumes
- Assist in visualizing the different job opportunities
- Mock interviews
- Teach proper dress code
- Send resumes to employers
Messages from the Directors of Career Assistance and Development Center
I like this quote because it reminds us that we have the power to create our lives and careers.
Juan Medina, Jr.
Director of Career Assistance and Development Center for the Miami Campus
Director of Career Assistance and Development Center for the Gainesville Campus
Stop by and consider these Job Opportunities:
- Over 1,500 Internet jobs are earmarked weekly for students and graduates
- Job Board is on display in the student’s brake area with local seminars, workshops and job/career fair schedules
- Job Board located in the hallway leading to the Career Services Office with part time employment posted daily
- Resumes are faxed or emailed to employers
- Weekly calls to employers seeking to employ our graduates
- Job Talk live radio show 99.5 FM: every Saturday 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Career Counseling: A career counselor will discuss a job action plan and any career concerns
- Career Day: Get students, graduates, and employers to discuss career opportunities
- Networking: Attend career events
- Job/Career Fairs: Local jobs and career fairs in the Spring and Fall
- Fridays Workshops: Resume Workshop, including interviewing tips, portfolios, cover letters, employment applications, and dressing for success
At City College, they go above and beyond to help you. I got great hands-on experience working in the labs on mannequins and practicing with IVs. I learned a lot during my externship at a medical center. Now, I have a job at the same unit where I did my externship! I am doing what I love – caring for patients who are just coming out of surgery. City College changed my life. Without my education, I wouldn’t have a great nursing career right now.”
If you need career employment assistance click here