Altamonte Springs is offering the Nursing career.
Our Associate of Science in Nursing provides the foundation for beginning professional nursing practice.
Our Nursing students are exposed to the nursing theory, scientific knowledge, skills and experience needed to provide safe, confident and competent nursing practice within a culturally sensitive environment. Our graduates are prepared for beginning technical nursing practice in both acute care and community settings. Our graduates interacts and establish relationships by honoring human diversity with individuals, families and groups across the lifespan. They utilize the nursing process to create, implement and evaluate a mutually holistic plan for maximum self-care.
Courses from our Nursing curriculum:
- Concepts of Nursing
- Nursing Practice
- Surgical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Obstetric Nursing
- Nursing Seminar and more
- Prepare students for success on the NCLEX-RN
- Testing program to prepare for the online testing environment
- Comprehensive final exam required prior to graduation
- Largest growth rate is expected to be in community based settings such as home health, clinics, outpatient center.
- Still expected to be large shortages in hospitals (ICU) specialties, and nursing homes
- Hospital Settings 56%
- Community/public health 14.9%
- Ambulatory care 11.5%
- Nursing homes 6.3%
- Nursing education 2.6%
- Miscellaneous 8.7%: Pharmaceutical and medical service companies, law offices, cruise ships, research settings, publishing, etc.
Benefits: Our Nursing program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing
- Prepares students to take the licensing exam for registered nurses
- 7 quarters in length
- Five (5) quarters of clinical experience
- Clinical experience with adults, children, childbirth, and older adults
- Clinical experience in Medical-surgical, mental health, OB, pediatrics and leadership
Success Story: Associate of Science in Nursing
Shernette Parkinson one of our many Nursing successful graduates stated “I got great hands-on experience working in the labs on mannequins and practicing with IVs. Also, learned a lot during my externship at a medical center. Now I have a job at the same unit where I did my externship! City College changed my life. Without my education, I wouldn’t have a great nursing career right now.”
If you are looking to advance your career in Nursing