1. Duckets, bones, cheddar, benjamins, dough– Money! Whatever you call it, having more of it can definitely take your life to the next level. Earning a college degree increases your chances of raising your income potential. According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, those with an Associate’s Degree had a median weekly income of $862, while those with a high school diploma had a median weekly income of $730. That’s a 15% increase.
2. Access to more jobs– An education gives you versatility. You’ll be exposed to so much more than just the classes related to your major. Most degree programs include valuable courses within them that help improves your communication, critical thinking and people skills. Sometimes those skills are the ones that take you to the top in your field. They surely give you access to a wider range of jobs.
3. I do what I want– No matter where you work, or what you do for a living, you will probably be reporting to someone. A college education helps you have more control over the where and what. With more jobs available to degree holders, you’ve got options for choosing the job that makes you happy to get out of bed in the morning. If that’s not next level, what is?
4. Is it really worth it?– According to a study that was done by Nexus Research and Policy Center, Even after factoring in the costs that graduates incur when earning the degree, the associate’s degree is a good investment: with a median net gain during a 40-year work-life of more than $259,000 compared with that of a high school graduate in the state where the community college is located. That is more than a quarter-million dollar increase over the course of your work life.
5. Lower unemployment rates– According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for college graduates is nearly half that of adults who did not attend college.
Knowledge is power and education can be the difference between earning a living and making a life. With advances in technology, online learning and education assistance for students who qualify, you can get an education even if you are punching a time clock. Start your journey to the next level today by checking out the programs at City College. With five campus locations and a variety of associate and bachelor’s degree programs to choose from, City College is helping students elevate their lives and brighten their futures with the power of education. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a tour of a campus near you.