* A quarter is made up of 11 weeks and students may carry 8 to 16 credits per quarter.
Veterinary Technology is a very interesting field full of opportunities for animal lovers!
The Veterinary Tech program at City College is a comprehensive entry-level program designed to prepare the student for a career as a veterinary technician.
Students will take a variety of didactic and hands-on clinical courses, covering all of the areas in which technicians will be expected to perform in the workplace. Externships performed at working veterinary facilities will provide ‘real-life’ scenarios of a demanding clinical environment.
The integration of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice will help the student transition from the academic/clinical environment into the workplace upon graduation. Students will be required to complete 1110 hours of lecture/lab in the classroom and 300 hours of externship at a local clinic. The curriculum is comprised of 101 credits over 8 quarters.
Note: Applicants should read the Veterinary Technical Standards before submitting an application.
Core Courses Included
- Anesthesia & Surgery for Veterinary Nurses
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Animal Nutrition
- Animals In Research & Exhibition
- Disease Problems in Companion Animals
- Laboratory Skills for Veterinary Technicians
- Office Management & Reception Skills
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Imaging Techniques
- Veterinary Nursing & Technical Skills
- Veterinary Pharmacology